Setup Method Of The Walk Behind Laser Screed Machine
Step 1: Set up tripod and install launcher
- After installing the transmitter on the tripod, the laser emission port should be positioned higher than your head, so as not to block the laser signal.
- Tripod needs to be placed as flat as possible.
- Tripods and transmitters should be positioned to avoid reflections, so as not to interfere with the receiver.
Step 2: Installation of receiver and setup of machine
1.In the video, we assume that the area of the road is to be leveled, the roadside stones are assumed to be the template of the construction and the height of the roadside stones is the ±0 (datum point )of the construction.
2.Installation of receivers:
a). Firstly, place vertically as high as the datum point the receiver pole with a small receiver , adjust the small receiver on the pole until the small receiver displays 0 (green light) and then fix the small receiver.
b). Start the machine and approximately place the vibration plate at the same height as the datum point (In the regular construction, the vibration plate can be placed on the template).
c). Open the automatic button, the machine body will be leveled automatically.
d). After the machine body is leveled automatically, buckle the hand-held rod on both sides of the scraper of the machine. Press the control button of the left and right push rods to adjust the height of the two sides of the scraper, and repeat several times until the small receiver on the hand-held rod shows 0 (green light) on both sides of the scraper. This shows that the bottom position of the scraper is exactly the same as the height of the datum point (±0).
e). Close the automatic button and install the large receiver on the receiving poles on both sides of the machine to connect the circuit, adjust respectively the position of the large receiver on both sides of the receiving pole until the large receivers on both sides flash the green light and fix the large receiver. At this point, the initial setup of the machine has been completed.
Step 3: Machine calibration
- the state of automatic shutdown, randomly press the control button of the left and right two small push rods to disturb the position of the large receiver.
- Turn on the automatic button, the large receiver (scraper) will be leveled and shows the green light. Have the hand-held receiver rod buckled on both sides of the scraper to take measurement and if there is an error (the hand-held receiver does not show 0/the green light does not turn on), it is necessary to adjust the scraper by slowly moving the large receiver and at the same time, the scraper will drive the hand-held receiving rod which is stuck on the scraper. Wait until the hand-held receiver reads 0 (green light) and then fix the position of the large receiver. Repeatedly adjust until the hand-held receivers on both sides read 0 (green light).
- Close the automatic button and press again the control button of the left and right push rods again to disturb the receiver position.
- Turn on the automatic button and use the hand-held receiver again to take measurement. If the measurement does not meet the requirement, repeat the steps above .
- Try some times until requirement is to be met. At this time, the machine is set up and concrete leveling can be carried out.
When using the machine for leveling, a worker is required to hold a laser receiving rod to command other workers to perform preliminary paving of the concrete. The thickness of the paving should be 5-10mm above the design thickness.
Two workers should be followed on both sides of the machine’s leveling head to control the height of the concrete to near the position shown on the below picture.