A concrete edger is a tool for finishing the concrete edges, which is used to create a neat concrete edge that gives a strong and attractive edge to the concrete work. Some special types can also be used to prevent slippage, cushioning and drainage backflow.
We have carefully researched the various tools mentioned above (comparing and summarising data obtained from the internet) and select a product with the highest sales and better evaluation in each of these types, to make a recommendation for you.
MARSHALLTOWN 6×4 Inch Concrete Edger
Overview: Prevent your concrete edges from chipping off with the Marshalltown 6 in. x 4 in. Stainless Steel Edger. This edger is used to produce a 0.125 in. radius at the edge of the concrete slab. Made from high quality steel, it has a comfort handle to allow for extra hand clearance.
- Heavy gauge premium stainless steel blade
- Sturdy steel mounting welded to the blade
- Resilient durasoft handle provides a soft feel, reduces fatigue, and offers excellent durability
- Used to produce a radius at the edge of a concrete slab to prevent the edge from chipping
- 1/8 in. radius
Client’s view: Most customers have no doubts about product quality. But there are many customers on Amazon who said they bought the type with curved ends but got straight ones. If you buy on Amazon you should take care to ask about this.
MARSHALLTOWN Stainless Steel Hand Groover
Overview:The 6” x 3” MARSHALLTOWN Stainless Steel Hand Groover creates classic ½” wide by ½” deep grooves in your concrete slab to help you control stress cracking to extend the life of your sidewalk, patio, or other concrete project. Its properly shaped bit has a leading edge that easily cuts sharp grooves. This product is Made in the USA with Global Materials.
- Control stress cracking with uniform grooves in your concrete project
- Blade size: 6” x 3”
- Radius: ¼”
- Grooves are ½” wide and ½” deep
- Durable stainless steel blade material
Client’s view: Most customers appreciated this concrete groover and almost all approved of the quality of the product. A number of customers specifically stated that the handle of this tool was very strong, that the main material was stainless steel and that it was very durable, etc.
Kraft CC350 Walking Edger
- 10″ x 6″ 3/8″R 1/2″L Walking Edger with Threaded Socket Bracket
- Made of heavy gauge stainless steel
- Reinforced with electrically welded back plate
- Use with threaded bull float handles
Client’s view: Most purchasers rate this Walking Edger quite well, you should just be aware of its size when buying it to ensure it meets your construction needs.
Kraft Tool CC030 Walking Groover
- 10″ x 10″ 1/2″R, 3/4″D Stainless Steel Walking Seamer/Groover with Threaded Handle Socket
- Makes smooth 1/2 In. radius, 3/4 In. deep groove
- Rivet free for smooth, clean control joints
- One-piece closed end bit for a perfect finish
- Toothed bracket assembly locks angle
- Use with Threaded Bull Float Handles
Client’s view: Most buyers rate this product highly, but you should pay attention to its size when buying and make sure it meets your building needs. And please note: this kind of walk groovers / edgers does not provide a handle, you need to buy it separately.
Hiking Art Edging Trowel
Safety Step Edgers
Concrete Art Edgers
The above are several concrete edgers we recommend for you, and there are some special types that we may not have mentioned. Different concrete edgers have different functions. The most common ones are edging trowel for various concrete slab edge finishing. Concrete groover for hand-cutting concrete. Concrete corner for concrete wall corner finishing. Safety step edger usded for anti-skid treatment of stair edge. Modular Edger for making concrete curbs. concrete art edger for artistic treatment of various walls, fireplaces, chimneys. And some mini power trowel used for a power concrete edger. I hope our article has given you some insight into these tools.